Covid 19 Policy
You're in Safe Hands at the Strand
The well-being and the safety of all our guests and staff members remains our utmost priority.
We are pleased to confirm that all employees at Limerick Strand Hotel have completed Fáilte Ireland’s Infection Prevention Control for Tourism Businesses course and we are proud to display our COVID-19 Safety Charter, our accreditation in adhering to its safety, sanitisation and social distancing guidelines.
We want to reassure you that we are closely following the guidance and procedures of the World Health Organisation and the Irish Health Services Executive (HSE) & the Irish Hotel Federation regarding the Coronavirus, to support the health, safety and wellbeing of our Customers, our Staff, and our Community.
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are proactively implementing additional hygiene procedures and precautions to ensure that the highest possible standards are upheld throughout every area and service which the hotel provides, for its guests as well as our own team.
We are supporting our hotel team, and their own health, safety and knowledge, as these are essential to an effective cleaning program.
PLEASE NOTE: Following the renewed government guidelines all of our guests must wear a face covering when entering and moving around the hotel. We are mindful that not all guests can wear a mask and we are grateful for your continued understanding
Here are some ways in which we are supporting our team
- Hand hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily hotel and departmental meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
• Ongoing training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates have also completed enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
• Real time information: The Hotel’s team is on stand by 24/7 to support and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
• Cleaning products and protocols: Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses.
• Face coverings : All of our hotel team members wear face coverings at all times, bar those behind a protective screen
Rest assured that the Limerick Strand Hotel is taking stringent procedures in relation to the prevention of the spread of Covid-19.
The following actions have been taken by the Hotel, and will be reviewed based upon further recommendations by the Government & HSE:
Reception - checking-in and out of the Hotel
• Hand sanitiser is available to guests entering the hotel
• Perspex screens have been installed at Reception desks
• The use of credit/debit cards and contactless payments is encouraged, to reduce the handling of cash. Card machines are to be disinfected between use
• Full payment and pre-authorisations will be processed at check-In for any incidentals
• Invoices are to be emailed to guests for confirmation of payment
• Pre-bookings will be taken for all meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner at the time of check-In
• We encourage guests to telephone our Reception Team with any queries during their stay
• The Reception Desk area is disinfected hourly
• All tourist information and newspapers have been removed from the Hotel Lobby and Reception areas
• Social distancing markers are in place in our Lobby, to prevent crowding
• Disposable gloves are worn by all staff members at all times
- The Hotel uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high touch items
- The Guest Directory, magazines, pens and notepads have been removed from all guestrooms to reduce the number of “touch-points” for guests
- All throws and cushions have been removed from beds
- All key “touch-points” within guestrooms will be disinfected and sanitised between stays; e.g. doors, door handles, light switches, appliances (such as kettle, iron, hairdryer etc.), countertops and desk areas
- cups and glasses have been removed and replaced with disposable cups
- All soft or porous surfaces (such as carpets, rugs, curtains, etc.) are cleaned with appropriate cleaning products between guest stays
Public Spaces & Car Park
- The hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public restrooms and even room keys.
Social distance markers have been put in place in our Reception, Car Park Entrance, Elevators and Lobby areas, to control check-in queues and general crowding.
Restaurant & Dining Areas
- All menus and credit card machines are sanitised after use, single use menus are used as much as possible
- We encourage a cashless contactless payment policy as much as possible
- Tables are sanitised after each guest visit. All seating arrangements have taken into consideration recommended social distancing
- Buffet services have been replaced by comprehensive menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner which our team of service staff deliver with the utmost care and attention
- Please note that all dining at the hotel for resients and non residents require reservations to make a reservation please call 061 421800 or CLICK HERE
Room ServiceEnergize Health Club
Food will be delivered on trolleys which will consist of a sanitising station and all trays and tableware will be disinfected after each u
To reduce touchpoints in bedrooms We have developed on online "bedroom directory" which includes our room service menu, orders can be made online
- Pre-bookings will be taken for use of Energize Health Club During your Stay to avoid over crowding
- The changing rooms will remain closed guests are asked to change in their bedrooms and walk to the health club in the dressing robes and slippers provided in their bedroom
- Arrangement of gym equipment has taken into consideration recommended social distancing
- Social distance markers have been put in place
- The health club has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on gym equipment and restrooms
View our full energize helath club safety policy here
What you can do to help:
Should you present with any symptoms of Coronavirus or feel unwell during your stay, we kindly ask that you remain in your bedroom
and contact our Front Desk Team by dialling “0”. We will arrange for a doctor to contact you and they will provide further instructions.
If you have any questions or concerns you can contact the Front Desk by phone and ask to speak to the manager on duty.
We look forward welcoming our loyal customers, guests, friends and colleagues back soon
You're in Safe Hands at the Strand
Stephen O'Connor General Manager & Team Strand