Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised, telephone number, birth date and billing and credit card information. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
Purposes for which we hold your Information
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
(a) to provide you with the goods or services you have ordered;
(b) to contact you if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
(c) to send you further information about goods or services that you buy from us
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements). We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Sale of Business
Your Personal Data is held on secure servers hosted by [our Internet Service Provider]. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2002 we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email us with a request to the email address at the foot of this site. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the prescribed fee.
The purpose of this policy is to explain how information captured using CCTV is used and retained by The Limerick Strand Hotel and set out your rights in relation to such information.
Purpose of CCTV
Closed Circuit Television Systems (CCTV) are used by The Limerick Strand Hotel and are installed in line with the requirements of the business, as set out herein, and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
The purpose of the CCTV Systems are as follows:
- Improving the safety and security of guests, visitors, employees and contractors by providing a means to investigate accidents and near misses so that risk management control measures can be implemented
- Providing reassurance to staff and guests that control measures are in place relating to their safety and security
- Providing assistance to local law enforcement authorities with reference to the investigation and prevention of crime (including counter-terrorism)
- Deterring persons from committing crimes and to enhance the opportunities for detecting those who do
- Discouraging anti-social behaviour including alcohol and drug-related crime on or about the premises
Access to CCTV Footage or Images
Access to the CCTV system and stored images is restricted to authorised The Limerick Strand Hotel personnel only for the purposes set out above.
However, in appropriate circumstances, CCTV footage may be accessed:
- By local law enforcement authorities, where The Limerick Strand Hotel is required by law to assist in the carrying out of an investigation into a crime or anti-social behaviour.
- By data subjects (or their legal representatives), pursuant to an access request where the time, date and location of the recordings is furnished to the hotel.
- By individuals (or their legal representatives) subject to a court order
Retention Period and Security
The images captured by the CCTV is retained for a maximum of one month from the date of recording, except where longer storage of such images may be required to assist in any of the scenarios outlined above.
The images/recordings are stored in a secure environment with access strictly limited to those who are suitably authorised.
You have the right to request access to CCTV footage of you by submitting a written request to: The General Manager, The Limerick Strand Hotel, Ennis Road, Limerick, Ireland
All requests will be dealt with in compliance with the duties and requirements imposed upon The Limerick Strand Hotel as data controllers under the GDPR.
Individuals requesting access to CCTV images may be required to supply the following to assist the data request:
- Adequate information to enable the information to be efficiently identified and located on our system
- Sufficient information to establish that the applicant has a legitimate right to request access
- Proof of identification through photographic identification, for example passport or driving license.
If after reviewing this policy you have any questions or privacy concerns please send an e-mail to: email@example.com or send a letter to:
Stephen O’Connor, General Manager
Limerick Strand Hotel