Hotel Services & FAQ
Our List of Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Internet available?
Guests can enjoy complimentary 200MB superfast WiFi throughout all public areas and bedrooms.
Is smoking permitted in the hotel?
The Limerick Strand Hotel is a non smoking hotel please refrain from smoking in the hotel bedrooms, if you do smoke a €150 cleaning charge will be added to your bill, it is illegal to smoke indoors. Smoking is permitted in the designated outdoor smoking areas located at The River Bar & Restaurant on the ground floor
Do you have fitness facilities?
Energize Health Club boasts not one but four pools, including a 20 metre swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, steam room, plunge pool & hydrotherapy pool.
Enjoy state-of-the-art exercise and gym equipment – including high performance cardio & weights machines in addition to a plunge pool and hydrotherapy facilities.
How can I get to the Hotel?
The Limerick Strand Hotel is located along the scenic banks of the River Shannon in the centre of Limerick City, the hotel is easily accessible from all major driving routes and is served by Public Bus and Taxi Cabs. You can find directions and a map here.
Is there Car Parking?
For your security and safety, the Limerick Strand Hotel is one of the only City Centre Hotels that provide onsite underground parking with direct access to the hotel in Limerick City. If you prefer to leave the car at home, we are just a stroll from Limerick Train Station and both the bus terminal and coach station. The on site car park at the hotel offers over 200 spaces, the car park is located on level -2 and there is direct access to the hotel lobby from the carpark.
Our carpark is chargeable at reduced rates as follows
90 Minutes complimentary
Valid upon spending a minimum of €5.00 on food & beverage at the hotel .
€2.30 per hour thereafter
Overnight Rate (24 hours) €9.00
Conference Day Rate €9.00 per day
Limerick street car parking is available outside the hotel but is chargeable at disc parking rates.
A full car valet service is available in the hotel car park. We offer professional onsite and mobile car valeting services. Get your car back to showroom condition for Car Valet reservations. CLICK HERE
Is there Electric Car Charging facilities available?
EV Charging stations available in the onsite car park. There are 3 EV charging spaces available and adjacent to the hotel’s entry to the Car Park, service provided by Easy Go.
To use the stations, simply download the app in the link above and sign up to Easy Go.
Pricing and details via Easygo.ie.
Type 2 socket, 7kw, 1 phase
Where is the nearest ATM?
There is an ATM machine available in the Limerick Strand Hotel.
What time is breakfast served?
Breakfast is served from 7am to 10am, Monday to Friday and from 7am to 11am on Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays. Buffet Breakfast is available in the River Restaurant. We would ask that guests make a reservation for breakfast before or at the time of check-in, this ensures reduced queues and wait times for breakfast. Call our team or book here online.
What time is check-in?
Check-in time is from 15.00 and check-out time is 12.00 noon. Late check-out may be arranged, subject to availability at the time of request. Please note that a late checkout fee will apply and will be advised at the time of booking.
Local Attractions Ticket Booking
The hotel reception team will be happy to assist you in booking local attractions, making dinner reservations and purchasing tickets for any local event.
Do you provide a Luandry Service?
A laundry service is provided at the hotel – this can be organised via reception and is chargeable.
Has your hotel obtained the Failte Ireland Covid 19 Safety Charter?
Yes for more details CLICK HERE
What procedures are in place to prevent the spread of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) when checking-in and out of the hotel?
Rest assured that the Limerick Strand Hotel is taking stringent procedures in relation to the prevention of the spread of Covid-19. The following actions have been taken by the Hotel, and will be reviewed based upon further recommendations by the Government & HSE:
• Hand sanitiser is available to guests entering the hotel.
• The use of credit/debit cards and contactless payments is encouraged, to reduce the handling of cash. Card machines are to be disinfected between use.
• We encourage cashless payment as much as possible Full payment and pre-authorisations will be processed at check-In for any incidentals.
• Invoices are to be emailed to guests for confirmation of payment.
• Pre-bookings are strongly advised for breakfast, lunnch & dinner before or at the time of check-In. Call our Team or book here online.
• We encourage guests to telephone our Reception Team with any queries during their stay,
• The Reception Desk area is disinfected frequently throughout the day.
• All tourist information and newspapers have been removed from the Hotel Lobby and Reception areas but information can be provided on request.
What actions has the Hotel taken to control the risks of Covid-19 in my guestroom?
Yes we display the safety Charter in our hotel as evidence of our on-going commitment to prevent the spread of Covid-19 . It confrims that we have undergone the relevant infection control training and have implemented all nescessary safety procedures at the hotel.
Rest assured that the Hotel is taking stringent procedures in relation to the prevention of the spread of Covid-19. The following actions have been taken by the Hotel, and will be reviewed based upon further recommendations by the Government & HSE:
• The Guest Directory & magazines have been removed from all guestrooms to reduce the number of “touch-points” for guests. Your guest directory is available via the QR code in your bedroom.
• All key “touch-points” within guestrooms will be disinfected and sanitised between stays; e.g. doors, door handles, light switches, appliances (such as kettle, iron, hairdryer etc.), countertops and desk areas.
• All soft or porous surfaces (such as carpets, rugs, curtains, etc.) are cleaned with appropriate cleaning products between guest stays.
What actions has the Hotel taken to control the risks of Covid-19 in your dining areas and in room dining?
• All menus and credit card machines are sanitised after use.
• We encourage a cashless contactless payment policy as much as possible.
• Tables are sanitised after each guest visit.
Can be organised through hotel reception.
The hotel reception team will be happy to assist you in booking local attractions, making dinner reservations and purchasing tickets for any local event. A laundry service is provided at the hotel – this can be organised via reception and is chargeable.