Covid 19 Policy
You're in Safe Hands at the Strand
The well-being and the safety of all our guests and staff members remains our utmost priority.
We are pleased to confirm that all employees at Limerick Strand Hotel have completed Fáilte Ireland’s Infection Prevention Control for Tourism Businesses course and we are proud to display our COVID-19 Safety Charter, our accreditation in adhering to its safety, sanitisation and social distancing guidelines.
We want to reassure you that we are closely following the guidance and procedures of the World Health Organisation and the Irish Health Services Executive (HSE) & the Irish Hotel Federation regarding the Coronavirus, to support the health, safety and wellbeing of our Customers, our Staff, and our Community.
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are proactively implementing additional hygiene procedures and precautions to ensure that the highest possible standards are upheld throughout every area and service which the hotel provides, for its guests as well as our own team.
We are supporting our hotel team, and their own health, safety and knowledge, as these are essential to an effective cleaning program.
Here are some ways in which we are supporting our team
- Hand hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily hotel and departmental meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates have also completed enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real time information: The Hotel’s team is on stand by 24/7 to support and coordinate with local and regional authorities.
- Cleaning products and protocols: Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses.
Rest assured that the Limerick Strand Hotel is taking stringent procedures in relation to the prevention of the spread of Covid-19.
The following actions have been taken by the Hotel, and will be reviewed based upon further recommendations by the Government & HSE:
Reception – checking-in and out of the Hotel
- Hand sanitiser is available to guests entering the hotel
- The use of credit/debit cards and contactless payments is encouraged, to reduce the handling of cash. Card machines are to be disinfected between use
- Full payment and pre-authorisations will be processed at check-In for any incidentals
- Invoices are to be emailed to guests for confirmation of payment
- Pre-bookings will be taken for all meals Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner at the time of check-In. Altough not mandatory, we do advise pre-booking all dining.
- The Reception Desk area is disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- The Hotel uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high touch items.
- The Guest Directory & magazines have been removed from all guestrooms to reduce the number of “touch-points” for guests.
- All key “touch-points” within guestrooms will be disinfected and sanitised between stays; e.g. doors, door handles, light switches, appliances (such as kettle, iron, hairdryer etc.), countertops and desk areas.
- All soft or porous surfaces (such as carpets, rugs, curtains, etc.) are cleaned with appropriate cleaning products between guest stays.
Public Spaces & Car Park
The hotel has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public restrooms and even room keys.
Restaurant & Dining Areas
- All menus and credit card machines are sanitised after use.
- We encourage a cashless contactless payment policy as much as possible.
- Tables are sanitised after each guest visit.
- Please note that all dining at the hotel for residents and non residents does not require reservations but they are strongly advised, to make a reservation please call 061 421800.
To reduce touchpoints in bedrooms We have developed on online “bedroom directory” which includes our room service menu.
Meetings, Conference & Events
The tourism and hospitality sectoral guidelines, aligned with the Work Safely Protocol, have been developed collaboratively to assist businesses to apply guidance to their operations. The guidelines are informed by the latest Government public health advice and related regulations.
All client requests are taken into consideration for meeting and event queries ie. additional spacing, larger meeting spaces etc.
Our events Team are available to advise the most suitable options.
Energize Health Club
- The health club has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on gym equipment and restrooms.
- View our full energize health club safety policy here.
What you can do to help:
Should you present with any symptoms of Coronavirus or feel unwell during your stay, we kindly ask that you remain in your bedroom and contact our Front Desk Team by dialling “0”. We will arrange for a doctor to contact you and they will provide further instructions.
If you have any questions or concerns you can contact the Front Desk by phone and ask to speak to the manager on duty.
We look forward welcoming our loyal customers, guests, friends and colleagues back soon
You’re in Safe Hands at the Strand
General Manager & Team Strand